Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher

So basically, I really don't know how to start this. I know a lot of people already read this book way before I did, and yes I saw it but i never picked it up for a reason. It looked like another insanely sad, extremely depressing novel, and you know what it was exactly that. It was sad, and yes it was extremely depressing. The book is about a girl, named Hannah Baker who recently died, but before she died she made videos, each one with a different reason why she killed herself. The main character besides Hannah is Clay Jensen. The book centers around him listening to each tape, waiting for them to get to when she talks about him. To know more you really have to read the book yourself, like seriously. So as I was saying it was extremely depressing, but I think it being depressing actually made the book about 10 times better. As I was reading the book I actually felt like I was Clay Jensen, listening to the tapes. It all felt so real, like I was there in the books, roaming through the night, listening to the tapes. There's also a youtube account that centers around the actual tapes, yes that definitely added to the reality of it all. Basically if your reading this, just check out the book now, it's truly amazement.

4 comments:

  1. It really was a beautiful book. I couldn't help but think that, if she were real, Hannah's the type of person I'd like to be friends with. Which made it all the more sad what everyone else did to her.

    "It only takes one snowball to cause an avalanche."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea i know and the tapes made it feel more real right ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been wanting to read this book for a while. Great review by the way! Ahh that video was so intense! D:

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know right as I listened to them it felt like i was there haha

    ReplyDelete