The Silence of the Lambs (Hannibal Lecter #2) by Thomas Harris


"A serial murderer known only by a grotesquely apt nickname-Buffalo Bill-is stalking women. He has a purpose, but no one can fathom it, for the bodies are discovered in different states. Clarice Starling, a young trainee at the FBI Academy, is surprised to be summoned by Jack Crawford, chief of the Bureau's Behavioral Science section. Her assignment: to interview Dr. Hannibal Lecter-Hannibal the Cannibal-who is kept under close watch in the Baltimore State Hospital for the Criminally Insane.

Dr. Lecter is a former psychiatrist with a grisly history, unusual tastes, and an intense curiosity about the darker corners of the mind. His intimate understanding of the killer and of Clarice herself form the core of The Silence of the Lambs-and ingenious, masterfully written book and an unforgettable classic of suspense fiction."

I've never read this book, but have been recommended to it by my brother...:/ I don't know if the book is just as scary and frightening as the movie trailer seems so I don't know if I should read the novel. :/ The book seems suspenseful, thrilling, and mysterious, which is usually what I read but the movie just seems too horrific and terrifying for me that I'm thinking twice about reading it for in case it's too descriptive that would give me horrendous pictures...:( If you've read it, leave a comment below and let me know if it's too horrifying.. I read a lot of impressive reviews and ratings on this novel, which was very high, so I guess many people thought this book was interesting and was a good read. 


Here is the trailer..but for those of you that get SUPER scared and despise horror movies or thriller...then I suggest you not watch the trailer. It seemed okay for me though:



No comments:

Post a Comment