To Kill a Mocking Bird by Harper Lee

"The unforgettable novel of a childhood in a sleepy Southern town and the crisis of conscience that rocked it, To Kill A Mockingbird became both an instant bestseller and a critical success when it was first published in 1960. It went on to win the Pulitzer Prize in 1961 and was later made into an Academy Award-winning film, also a classic.

Compassionate, dramatic, and deeply moving, To Kill A Mockingbird takes readers to the roots of human behavior - to innocence and experience, kindness and cruelty, love and hatred, humor and pathos. Now with over 18 million copies in print and translated into forty languages, this regional story by a young Alabama woman claims universal appeal. Harper Lee always considered her book to be a simple love story. Today it is regarded as a masterpiece of American literature."

One of my all time favorite classics. This was such a light read and was not actually my kind of book, but sitting there, surprisingly turning the pages, I have to admit, this book got to me. I despised the actions that Cecil and Francis portrayed that bothered Scout so much because they were totally uncalled for and not necessary. I admired Atticus' personality because he is just so reasonable and understanding, as well as brave and courageous. I guess Jem took then gene of his because he is just as bold and dauntless, daring to do ridiculous things to prove that he has guts to do so. Atticus fights back with reason and is fair to all human beings. I thought this novel had a meaningful and rather power message that was sent to the readers about both racism and discrimination. The piece of literature was very effective, the characters were amazing and realistic, and the plot was well thought out. A complete 10/10 without a doubt. Harper Lee is a talented author that wrote this popular and well known classic that is still being discussed all over the world today. 


Atticus deals with justice...and here is him and his daughter Scout: 


   

Him in court:

27 comments:

  1. I read this novel too!
    Great review! Where did you find the pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Online on google, search up to kill a mockingbird and you will find it. :) there's more there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've never seen these pictures before. :)

      Delete
    2. haha no problem, check them out!

      Delete
  3. I read this book last year freshman year, it wasnt as boring as i thought it'd be!! We had to watch the movie to

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You read this for a class assignment? Or was it optional?

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I heard people talking about it so I decided to give it a try since I'm not a fan of classics.

      Delete
    3. It is fun reading from different genres! I always seem surprised by every single novel I read, no matter how low my expectations were from the start.

      Delete
  4. No the whole class had t read it and then write an essay on it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? That sounds fun! I hope that my english class (the upcoming school year) will do that . :)

      Delete
    2. You must had learned a lot from it then, especially to even write a whole essay on it.

      Delete
  5. what grade are you going into i heard here they read it junior year or something

    ReplyDelete
  6. and yea I was in honors english last year, I learned a lot from it, it was really hard though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honors? Is that similar to incentive?

      Delete
    2. I think its similar to incentive I've never heard of that but I think so, lol

      Delete
  7. Oh that's so cool! I never knew there's honors English, what grade are you in?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that's so cool! I never knew there's honors English, what grade are you in?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well i lived in California last year i just moved here this summer so its kind of different, lol i dont know what incentive is but maybe its the same and next year i'm gonna be a sophmore or grade 10er as you call it lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh hahah the states! I wanna go there :( I rarely ever do. Btw I'm sorry if my comment gets put in twice again , my iPhone always does that. :/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Btw, you have to try out to be in honors English right?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Btw, you have to try out to be in honors English right?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Btw, you have to try out to be in honors English right?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh hahah the states! I wanna go there :( I rarely ever do. Btw I'm sorry if my comment gets put in twice again , my iPhone always does that. :/

    ReplyDelete
  15. haha i understand that used to happen to me and yea i love how everyone herecalls it "The States" and no you just had to have done good in english the previous year. Are you going into 10th grade to

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL what do you call it?
    Umm no I'm going into grade 9 haha :$ oh then you must be really good in English!

    ReplyDelete
  17. we just call it America haha and yea I guess I mainly like writing haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like science! :$ It's so interesting to be honest, I used to hate it though. XD LOL I'll call it america now. :)

    ReplyDelete