Extraordinary - Nancy Werlin


This is one of the first paranormal books I ever read, so of course, it left a huge impression on me. The writing is quite good; it has a sort of dreamy quality to it that I haven't read much elsewhere. The first part of the plot was not all that great for me. I was sick of Phoebe falling head over heels in love with Ryland. Okay, I get it, she loves him. Let's move on- please! Well, thankfully (after approximately 75% of the book was finished) that's exactly what Werlin decides to do. And from then on we get action and explanations and the plot really begins to pick up pace. The climax is thrilling and the resolution perfect. I was very pleased with the last 25% of the book, and had the whole book kept to that standard, it would have been given 4.5/5 stars. Unfortunately, that was not the case, hence my final verdict of 3/5 stars. There are many books about faeries out there, but this is one that really caught my attention just because of the alluding plot, great writing and fun characters. As I said before, 3/5. It was a good book, but the first 75% just didn't cut it for me. 

I like the cover :) It's cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment