Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen



"Ruby, where is your mother?
Ruby knows that the game is up. For the past few months, she's been on her own in the yellow house, managing somehow, knowing that her mother will probably never return.
That's how she comes to live with Cora, the sister she hasn't seen in ten years, and Cora's husband Jamie, whose down-to-earth demeanor makes it hard for Ruby to believe he founded the most popular networking Web site around. A luxurious house, fancy private school, a new wardrobe, the promise of college and a future; it's a dream come true. So why is Ruby such a reluctant Cinderella, wary and defensive? And why is Nate, the genial boy next door with some secrets of his own, unable to accept the help that Ruby is just learning to give?
Best-selling author Sarah Dessen explores the heart of a gutsy, complex girl dealing with unforeseen circumstances and learning to trust again."



It was an emotional book and you would most likely feel great sympathy towards the protagonist. Ruby could have been more relatable if Sarah Dessen didn't put so much effort into making her life seem worse than it really was...which made it less realistic. Though I got to admit, I read other books from Sarah Dessen and they were rather outstanding so I decided to give this book a try. It didn't disappoint me, but it was just that here and then, I would find a minor flaw. This book was really amazing and sentimental at some points, I would rate it a 9/10. :)
Oh and I don't know why, but the cover really appealed to me...it's like so...peaceful. <3

4 comments:

  1. The cover is why i picked it up to!! What's your favorite Sarah Dessen book that you've read?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say I think it is this one! :) Though many people suggest I try Just Listen and it seems rather popular, which book is your favorite?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Probably this one or Along For the Ride and yea everyone tells me to read just listen to!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We should definitely give it a try. :)

    ReplyDelete