Books Read this Summer :D

Well, everyone else was making a list, so I figured - why not!? :D

These are the books I've read and re-read this summer. I might even post a little blurb on the one's I feel strongly for. Stealing Ashini's rating system. :)

1. Speak - Laurie Halse Anderson: AMAZING. Re-read for the fourth or fifth time.
2. The Blue Light Project - Timothy Taylor: Okay
3. Lock and Key - Sarah Dessen: Good
4. Just Listen - Sarah Dessen: Amazing.
5. World War Z - Max Brooks: AMAZING. Best zombie book out there.
6. Saving Francesca - Melina Marchetta: Good
7. The Piper's Son - Melina Marchetta: Good - Amazing
8. Bitterblue - Kristin Cashore: Good. I was harsh on Ms. Kristin, because I believe in her.
9. Steal Like An Artist - Austin Kleon: Okay - Good
10. Rebecca - Daphne Du Maurier: Amazing
11. Beauty Queens - Libba Bray: Bad. BAD. Why, oh why Libba?
12. Article 5 - Kristin Simmons: Bad - Okay
13. House of Leaves - Mark Z Danielewski: Good
14. The Immortal Rules - Julie Kagawa: Good - Amazing
15. Ready Player One - Ernest Cline: Good - Amazing
16. Airhead - Meg Cabot: Okay
17. Come, Thou Tortoise - Jessica Grant: Good
18. Teen angst? Naaaah - Ned Vizzini: Okay
19. The Flame Alphabet - Ben Marcus: Bad - Okay
20. The Fault in Our Stars - John Green: Good - Amazing
21. What Alice Forgot - Liane Moriarty: AMAZING. For the dorky, little romantic in you.
22. The Lab - Jack Heath: Okay - Good. Probably not my style, a little too much action?
23. The Art of Racing in the Rain - Garth Stein: AMAZING. Cry til there's no water left.
24. Evermore - Alyson Noel: Bad. Urgh, typical paranormal romance.
25. Girl of Nightmares - Kendare Blake: Amazing.
26. House - Frank Peretti and Ted Dekker: Good - Amazing
27. Beastly - Alex Flynn: Good
28. Cloaked - Alex Flynn: Okay - Good
29. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn - Betty Smith: AMAZING. Maybe my favorite book of all time.
30. Lips Touch Three Times - Laini Taylor: Okay
31. Absorbed - Penelope Crowe: Bad - Okay. Indie attempt number one. Danger, System faltering.
32. Valor - Taylor Longford: Bad - Okay. Indie attempt number two. System failure. System shutdown.
33. Thirteen Reasons Why - Jay Asher: Good
34. Angelfall - Susan Ee: Amazing. Re-read, how could I forget?
35. Unwind - Neal Shusterman: Good - Amazing

I'm not sure if that's all of them, if I can think of any more, then I'll add them again. Wow, I just realized that A LOT of these are re-reads. XD

Update *Added some more I remembered. :)

4 comments:

  1. Holy crap. You said I read a lot of books, but look at your list! Favorites/worst? Curious :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly didn't know I read so many. I figured it would be like 20 max. XD

      I re-read a lot (5 or 6 on the list are re-reads), so some of those are already on my favorite list. The best, new one I read this summer would HAVE to be 'What Alice Forgot'. I'm a total Disney freak and a true dorky, romantic - said book was perfect me in this way. This quite possibly made my favorite book list. :)

      As for other favorites of the summer: 'Girl of Nightmares' and 'Rebecca' were amazing as well.

      Worst was definitely 'Beauty Queens' by Libba Bray. I envisioned something like a funny, girl version of 'Lord of the Flies'. The reason why I picked it up was because I liked her other book 'Going Bovine'. I was so looking forward to it. Urgh. It was so random (but not in a good, funny way) to the point where I almost gave up. I powered through it, cause I thought maybe, just MAYBE it would get better, but it never did. Then I was so far into the book I figured I should finish it, and ultimately, I felt like I wasted SO much time. It was a decent length too, 400-ish pages or something like that. D:<

      Delete
  2. LOL you were having so much fun reading you didn't realize how much you had read :P I haven't read many of the books on your list :/ We have pretty different genre preferences (you hate PR, I love most of them). I've heard a lot about What Alice Forgot though. As for "Beauty Queens"; I've read so many books like that- especially this year! Ahem Halo. And that was long-ish too. 480 pages. >:( Ahaha I should really start listening to reviews. When a book gets all terrible reviews, I ALWAYS end up reading it just to see if it's really that bad. I don't know what is wrong with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HEY! I have a list of PR I like on the site somewhere. XD I don't think that I really hate PR, I just can't seem to find many good ones. So, I've been trying to branch out towards some other types of books, just to see. I think my favorite types of books are those that deal with real life problems, usually those that make me cry. Or horror books. HOWEVER, If you have any recommendations for PR, then let me know, I quite like them if they don't have the whole 'stalker' thing going on. :) I've been debating on trying some books by Cassandra Clare (Maybe the Clockwork series), cause those have been getting RAVING reviews. Also, maybe Hex Hall. Or that series by Amanda Hocking - the trylle one?

      I know what you mean! XD I was debating on reading Halo too just to see if it was that bad, but I decided against it in the end. Honestly, I would probably hate it as much as you do. I read Evermore, and it wasn't AS bad as everyone said it was, but it was still pretty bad. It's probably a form of slight masochism for both of us. ):

      BTW, (not to be too pushy or anything XD) I recommend Julie Kagawa's books if you want some more PR. They have the same format as others, but there's a little more action in them. They're not perfect, but I quite liked them none the less. :) There's one about faeries that's 'finished' and one about vampires. Also, 'Anna Dressed in Blood'/'Girl of Nightmares' is PR, but I think more P than R. :/

      Delete