Inkheart - Cornelia Funke

Ahh!! Bookworm dream come true! THIS BOOK! It is classified as a childrens book, but it will forever be one of my favorites. The idea behind this book is amazing! The thought of being able to interact with characters inside books and visit their worlds is obviously insanely appealing. It's so creative and just a phenomenal plot idea. If I were to ever write a novel, this is the type of genre I would like to go into. Fantasy with a crazy twist. Cornelia Funke did an amazing job with the writing in Inkheart. The book is admittedly quite lengthy, but I finished it in less than 3 hours, due to her incredible phrasing and smooth writing style. I believe anyone who takes the time to begin the book will be able to finish it in one sitting. It's just so intense and thrilling- you can't put it down. The interchanging POV's also adds to the suspense. If done right, that aspect can really contribute to the book, as it did in this case. The characters are vivid, detailed, and 3-dimensional. I felt like I knew them right from the start. As for the plot, this book is placed in fantasy for a reason! You've got the fairies, trolls, magic, vicious men who torture and so much more. It's engaging, suspenseful and crazy interesting. This book is phenomenal. A must read!! I'll end this off with quote from Cornelia, because I love her: "What book addict doesn't know the feeling that the characters in the book can seem more real than the people around us? And there is of course a simple reason for that. For which real person would permit us to look into their hearts as deeply as a storyteller permits us to look into his characters’? Into the deepest regions of their souls we may spy, see all their fears, all their love and all their dreams." Okay, so I officially love Cornelia Funke. For that quote right there. She is an amazing writer and an amazing storyteller, she is hella smart and she will forever be one of my favorite authors. :)

Aaaand apparently there's a movie. How come I never found out about this?? I don't watch movies (at all) but this is so on my top one list of movies to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment