In Time Movie

If you like dystopian novels, I think you'll like a dystopian movie. This movie is one of my favourite. So, here's the plot: 
In near future time is money. Literally. Genetic alteration has allowed humanity to stop aging at 25. 'Living time', which can be transferred among individuals on body-contact, is displayed on a clock implanted in people's forearms. When that clock reaches zero, one dies instantly. The protagonist is the 28-year-old factory worker Will Salas (Justin Timberlake). One day he gets 100 years...

The movie has everything a good dystopia should have: oppressive government, biological issues, lack of choice and, of course, romance) What is more, it's even kind of inspiring, because it shows the value of time.

I didn't likethe plot as much as the idea of time being a currency. I know the idea isn't new, but I don't know any good books that use it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment