Eragon by Christopher Paolini

Eragon has been a much loved book of mine for a while now, and I had been looking forward to re-reading it, and I am glad to say that my love for it was not misplaced. Reading the book for a second time, I was able to appreciate all the details the author put into the book. I absolutely adore the fact that he included more gory details about Dragon Riders, unlike many books in which everything is glossed over in a haze of dreamy wonder where riding a dragon is the single most easiest, enjoyable, and elating experience in life - not that Eragon riding Saphira isn't having the time of his life, but Paolini reveals that riding a huge dragon with hard scales is not all fun and games. The fact that Eragon's inner legs had been rubbed raw, to the point of blood trickling down his calves and being unable to walk, broke my heart as a person, but also extremely excited by the detail as a reader. The entire book is an exciting ride with many mysteries and much emotional turmoil.


I won't say too much, because I really want you to read the book, but hopefully this will convince you - I own the entire series, expensive as it was. This may not sound like anything special to some people, but for me, a person who rarely buys books and borrows 99.99% of her reading materials, this is serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment