The Lost Hero - Rick Riordan

I have been putting off writing this review for a while because I honestly don't know what to say. I read this book about two years ago (when it first came out) and I loved it. But my reading preferences have changed a lot since then, and going back and reading it now, I strongly disliked it. I have no idea whether I should write a good review on how I felt when I first read it, or a horrible one based on how I feel about it now. Because I remember how amazing I thought it was back then, and why, but I don't feel like those reasons are legit anymore.

Why did I like it?

1. The plot was fantastic!
2. The cliffhanger at the end.
3. The perfect mythology/reality mix.
4. The characters

Why didn't I like it?

1. The plot was typical. See #4
2. The cliffhanger was annoying! This is so not a legitimate reason D: But I am grabbing at straws atm...I'm trying to defend why I didn't like it the second time through, but I can't think of any reasons!
3. I am sick of the same old mythology! Come up with something new, RR! Please :)
4. The characters.

So, having listed them out like that, I am forced to conclude that I was a lot smarter 2 years ago when I read and liked the book. Because (besides the characters) there are absolutely NO proper reasons for disliking the story. Alas. I have no idea why I didn't like it when reading it a second time. I just didn't. Sooo read it- try it out! It's fun but also very intense! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment