Princess Diaries - Meg Cabot

There isn't much that can be said for or against this novel. It is as ordinary as it gets. But also very enjoyable!

This book, for me, was just another YA chick lit. It is well written and clever, and without a doubt absolutely HILARIOUS! That is one thing that can be said for all of Meg Cabot's books. Mia is effortlessly engaging, and very funny and interesting to read about. She is the perfect protagonist for this book, in that she has a strong personality and is very insightful, but also lots of fun, silly, and just an angsty teenage girl. I like the whole protective grandmother and princess lessons aspect of the book, although it is very common nowadays. She is lively, spirited and the life of the book. Honestly, without Mia as a protagonist, the book (and the whole series) would be a flop. It was a quick, fluffy read, just as all Cabot's books are. I've come to expect no more and no less from her. Although her new series "Abandon" is very different and unique for Meg! Read this series if you liked other Meg Cabot books, or series like Gossip Girl and The Clique.

3 comments:

  1. I adore the Princess Diaries! Have you read the whole series yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. Every single one :) By the end, I was bored out of my mind. It's the same thing one book after another. I wish she just finshed it off at like book 7.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love princess Diaries :) it's amaZAYN

    ReplyDelete