Sixteenth Summer by Michelle Dalton

Synopsis: Anna is dreading another tourist-filled summer on Dune Island that follows the same routine: beach, ice cream, friends, repeat. That is, until she locks eyes with Will, the gorgeous and sweet guy visiting from New York. Anna's never felt anything like this before, but when forever isn't even a possibility, one summer doesn't feel worth the promise of her heart breaking.






I knew from the moment I read the synopsis what the inevitable ending would be. I mean, come on, they're teens. It's not like they're going to get married and move in together and have a family. But that being said, I still enjoyed this book very much even though the outcome was so obvious.

This book was a pretty easy read. I think partly why I decided to read it was because I knew it would be a nice and breezy summer book. I kind of wish I was Anna. Like, who wouldn't want to live on a nice island, have a family that cares, get to create new ice cream flavours and meet a cute tourist guy and have a nice summer fling? Will is the kind of guy who I think any girl would like to date. He's not perfect, but he's sweet, charming and has a great personality. 

I didn't love the writing style, but I really liked it. I felt that some parts went by slow while others sped by so quick. The ending felt unfinished, like Michelle could've maybe added a few more emotional and deep sentences. I felt like I could relate to some of the characters, while others reminded me of some of my friends' personalities.

I would recommend this book to anyone who likes Sarah Dessen books or wants a light, summer read.

Rating: 3.7/5

No comments:

Post a Comment