Something Borrowed

Movie Synopsis (imdb): Friendships are tested and secrets come to the surface when terminally single Rachel falls for Dex, her best friend Darcy's fiancé.






First of all, this movie had such an amazing cast. I have never read the book that this movie was based off of, but that being said, I barely read both books and their movies. I usually just read the book or just watch the movie because I know that the movie will be a disappointment. The trailer of this movie and the plot line of how Darcy basically "borrows" Dex from her friend Rachel grabbed my attention right away.


I was a tangle of emotions by the end of this movie. Some people and scenes pissed me off so much, but in a way that good movies do. Other times I was on the verge of crying because I felt so bad for Rachel that I just wanted to give her a bear hug and comfort her. There were many funny scenes though and the Push It dance scene was one of the best.

This was definitely not a light hearted movie. It was one of those movies that went straight for your feelings and gave it a taste of bitter reality. Although, the ending didn't really do it for me, I still loved the movie because that was just one flaw. I would recommend this to anyone who's in the mood for a emotionally grasping rom com.


Rating: 4.3/5


No comments:

Post a Comment