Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy - Ally Carter

I loved this book. I absolutely adored it. I'm just speechless; it's amazing! This one is for sure my favorite of the Gallagher Girls series. The writing is flawless and the plot is fantastic. The idea of boys coming to the institute and the boys vs. girls theme is very cute and hilarious. The spy angle is new and very fun (as always) but the romance is what made this book stand out so much.

Cammie's relationship with Zach is perfect. Awww Zach <3 Yet another fictional character I have fallen in love with. He's snarky and sarcastic, but sweet and heartfelt and he is just perfect for Cammie. The moment he walked into the room, I forgot all about Josh and how upset I was that Ally Carter removed him from the plot far too soon. Because she brought in someone even better! Josh was cute and sweet but Cammie was so superior to him that the relationship didn't work. But Zach and Cammie are on the same level. Here's where it gets interesting.

Overall, a wonderful book and the best in the series by far. If I had to name a flaw in the book, I would have to say the sudden ending. I would have liked it to be more polished and flowing, rather than the abrupt finish we were given. The ending was neither a cliffhanger nor a proper ending; it was a strange mix of the two. That ruined the phenomenal book for me quite a bit. I always did have a problem with Ally Carter's endings. She has amazing books, but the endings are too confusing for my taste. Too much is left to the imagination.

9/10 (The ending!!) :)  Alsooo, does anyone know if there's a movie for this series coming out anytime soon? I heard rumors but nothing confirmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment