Only the Good Spy Young - Ally Carter

By now, I am sick of this series. If a series is good, it can get to maybe 8 or 9 books (at most) without losing interest. But after Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy (which was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.) this series went straight downhill. Don't Judge a Girl by her Cover was horrible, and Only the Good Spy Young followed on that front.

Cammie has gone from a strong, cheeky, hilarious, intelligent, beautiful young woman to a self-centered, whiney, annoying brat. I have begun to hate her. As with Don't Judge a Girl by her Cover, Cammie is obsessed with Zach and does stupid things for him time and time again. And yet again, Zach swoops in and out of Cammie's life whenever he pleases, each time leaving cryptic mysterious messages. ????

The plot is jumpy. It goes from suspensful to romantic to calm to who knows what. It's just very flawed, choppy and unpolished.

I was disappointed with the final books in this series, and I am definitely not going to try the 5th book: Out of sight, out of time. I am sure it won't be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment