Vampire Diareies: Awakening by L.J.Smith

“I want him to love me as much as I love him.”


What can I say? When Vampire Diaries TV show started and everyone was so  excited about it, I decided to read a book it was made after (usually books are better than movies) as I don't like to watch a movie first and then read a book. 

Summary: Elena Guilbert is a popular high school student in a small town of Fells Church, Virginia. As her senior year begins, Elena meets a new student from Italy, Stefan Salvatore who she is instantly drawn to. Stefan is strongly drawn to her, too, but repeatedly rejects Elena's advance, because she happens to be uncanny look alike as his past love. Finally Elena discovers his secret: Stefan is a centuries old vampire. In Renaissance Italy he and his brother Damon fell in love with a young vampire Katherine Von Schwarzchild, they fought for her love and she decided to chose both of them as her lovers and transformed them in vampires. And now they'll fight each other for Elena's love...

I didn't expect this book to be what it was. I planned to read the series, but instead I had to kind of force myself to keep on reading the first book, hoping for an unexpected plot twist. If I hadn't read a ton of paranormal books, I would have thought it was OK) First of all, I didn't like Elena. She expected everyone to bow to her every caprice and when she can't get what she wants, her world is destroyed. She (and all the others, too) lacks depths and is kind of 2D character: Stefan is aloof and always sad and other characters are barely described. This whole book is a cliche. Two guys fighting over a girl? I've heard it somewhere before. Elena and Stefan falling in love was immediate and too dramatic, all of a sudden they went from avoiding each other to ''I'll die for you...''. The writing wasn't very bad. Ah, and I don't understand the name ''Vampire Diaries'', because actually Elena is the one who narrates the story.

This is one of the most worthless books I've ever read and there's no way that I'll read the next book in series. (And that's me, who liked Twilight!!!)

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/126029851 this review isn't my, but i agree with it's author))

No comments:

Post a Comment