Girlhearts by Norma Fox Mazer

"It all happened so suddenly...
One minute, her mother is waking her in the middle of the night to dance with her in the rain. The next, Sarabeth is pulled out of class and told that her mother has died of a heart attack. All of a sudden, Sarabeth faces unanswerable questions:
How could this happen?
Where will she go?
Will she ever find a place she truly belongs?"
I would definitely not want to be stuck in Sarabeth's position...This novel was very touching and emotional that it teaches you to treasure things or people because one second you might have them, then the next, they disappear. While I was reading this book, it really made me think. I mean, what do orphans go through? We should be extremely grateful that we have parents and a family. It felt like the characters in the novel really came to life...this book was just so realistic I'm sure others can relate to it. Things happen unexpectedly so.. I don't know if this would make sense, but 'expect the unexpected.' You may find the story a bit slow at the beginning because that's what I thought...so it may have bored some readers and made them put the book down at first. Overall rating: 8/10


No comments:

Post a Comment