Life of Pi by Yann Martel

"I was alone and orphaned, in the middle of the Pacific, hanging on to an oar, an adult tiger in front of me, sharks beneath me, a storm raging above me."

Life of Pi is a fantasy novel about a 16 year old boy. The protagonist; Piscine Molitor Patel is stranded on a tiny life boat with a 450 pound Bengal Tiger, a spotted hyena, a wounded zebra and an orangutan after the freighter he and his family were travelling on suddenly sinks, his family along with it.



Yann Martel has done an admirable job delivering huge amounts of suspense and thrill,  leaving readers hanging on edge to find out what happens next. I would advise anyone the age of fourteen or above to read this story. I would rate this book 10/10 as it is a story that you may want to read over and over again.

















1 comment:

  1. That's seriously freaky, I just got this book at a thrift store earlier on this day and now I see a review of it on here. O_O"
    I'm excited to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete