How to be Popular byyyy (you guessed it) Meg Cabot!

So many Meg Cabot reviews! Sorry for the repetition, but these have been sitting on my shelf for so long, I decided to get it over with and review them all.

I first picked up How to be Popular because of the title. It was so cool and it grabbed my attention. Despite the contradictory title, How to be Popular is a novel, and fantastic one at that! I remember hiding the cover because I didn't want people to see the title and think I was checking out a self help book. ;)

The plot is very typical and predictable- geek transformation to popular. I guess there was a lesson to be learned from the story (be happy with who you are?) but it didn't play out as much as it should have. The writing was light and fluffy, and the book was very simple. My favorite part was Jake's nose. Without it, the book would have been terrible. Just saying. Read it :) It's nice on a rainy day when your bored as hell and have nothing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment