A song of Ice and Fire - A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin

A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin is the third book in the Song of Ice and Fire trilogy. Here's the summary: http://www.bookbrowse.com/reviews/index.cfm/book_number/663/a-storm-of-swords

I had trouble reading this series, in the beginning with Game of Thrones, it was easy, I suppose one was motivated to catch up with the television series, but as the books go on, I found myself skipping large chunks of the book.  For example I rarely ever read Arya, Bran, Jaime, Jon or Davos's parts in the novel, skipping to Tyrion, Sansa, Daenerys, and Catelyn (On occasion).


However, I really did enjoy how the series was so real, no character was given the "Happiness gauranteed in the end" card, or the "Will never die" card, because all the characters were subject to unhappiness, failure, and death.  Though at times your favorite characters died and you hated that there wasn't a "Will never die" card given to them, it was nice to see that like real life, their decisions could cause them to rise to great heights or fall to their death.  It was unpredictable.

No comments:

Post a Comment