Don't Judge a Girl by her Cover - Ally Carter

Ughh! Coming from an amazing author and an amazing series, I had HUGE expectations for this novel. It was horrible!

Cammie was a whole different person. What happened to the fun, spunky, strong girl we got to know in the first 2 books? She is now a whiney brat who only talks about her boyfriend (if you can even call him that) and has the brain capacity of a worm. It's always Zach this and Zach that. She almost gets herself killed because she's worried about Zach! Speaking of Zach, what the hell is wrong with him? He's become a typical annoying teen YA novel male character. Appears out of nowhere, makes mysterious comments and just disappears. Again. And again. And again.

The plot was so confusing! I didn't understand ANYTHING that was going on! What is "the circle"?? This crap was introduced out of nowhere and not elaborated on at all throughout the entire book! There was a lot of action, it was very fast paced, but its not that exciting when you don't know who's on which team. And especially when you don't know why they are fighting. I was clueless the whole book. That has never happened before and hopefully it will never happen again. Once I finish the book, I'd like to look back and be able to know what I just read. Which did not happen for this one.

The writing wasn't too bad. It was worse than Ally Carter normally is, but it was decent. A lot better than many other writers out there. And was even worse than usual! I have always said AC's endings suck, but this one was just impossible.

This was a huge disappointment :( I hope the next will be better, but I won't get my hopes up again (I know better than to make that mistake again).

No comments:

Post a Comment