Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney


“I'll be famous one day, but for now I'm stuck in middle school with a bunch of morons." - Greg Heffley,” 

I'm not sure  if Diary of a Wimpy Kid is considered to be a teen book, but I think that any kids who are in school should like it.

Summary: Greg Heffley is an average middle school student.He's a bit of a loser and tries to create a better image of himself. He's got a childish best friend (the only friend, in fact) Rawley who usually spoils all of Greg's attempts to be ''cool''. To make matters worse, he is the middle child in his family, so he has a really mean older brother and overprotected younger one. It seems like his life isn't fun, doesn't it?

Yes, actually it is fun. I liked the book from the very beginning (''I know what it says on the cover, but when Mom went out to buy this thing I specifically told her to get one that didn't say 'diary' on it" and ''Don't expect me to be all 'Dear Diary' this and 'Dear Diary' that''). But the best thing about this book is that it took me only 2 hours to read it. There are doodly illustrations on every page which make the story even more fun. What is more, it made me laugh out loud all the time (and that doesn't happen often to me). The main character definitely isn't a role model and the book can't teach you anything good, but it's veeeeeery entartaining, quick and fun read.

My raing is 9/10 and I recommend Diary of a Wimpy Kid to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment