What are you currently reading?

I have to confess that I’m one of those people who have multiple books on the go in various formats. I never used to be able to do that, but when you are expected to read, and read a lot it is amazing how you adapt. So when I’m asked, “What I am reading?” here is my response…



At work I am reading “Darkest Light” by Hiromi Goto. Although I have just started it, I can already tell it is going to be a good one! It is the sequel/companion to “Half World,” but it is one of those fantastic finds that can be read independently. It’s way too soon to say if this one will live up to my expectations, but if the beginning is any indication this is going to be a must read!



At home I am reading “Starters” by Lissa Price. I’m about halfway and I have to say that I am a bit disappointed about this one. It’s not the author’s fault, in fact I think she has written a fabulous book and from what I have heard about it, everyone loves it. I guess it’s like one of those movies that everyone's talking about and when you finally get around to seeing it, it doesn’t quite live up to all the hype, but seriously, I think I am an anomaly on this one.


I always have an audiobook on the go. If you have never listened to a book on tape, give it a try, you will not be disappointed. Many people listen to books as they drive/take the bus, I like to listen to them as I fall asleep.  I am currently listening to “A Monster Calls” by Patrick Ness. The narrator is so creepy he enhances the story so perfectly that I’m not sure I’d enjoy it as much, if I was reading it.

So that is what I am reading. What are you reading?

6 comments:

  1. Too much to read!!! I'm in the middle of Erebos by Ursula Poznanki and I just started the eBook The Book of Blood and Shadow by Robin Wasserman. So two books on the go and a pile of books waiting to be read:Bitterblue, Insurgent, The Calling and I hunt killers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I skim read the last few chapters of Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin today (finally) and I'm onto reading An Abundance of Katherines by John Green, and the second book of A Song of Ice and Fire (A Clash of Kings) by George R.R. Martin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read Games of Thrones awhile back too! And I'm trying to find time to read the second book. It's so good, but soooo long:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My friend got so impatient with the length of "Game of Thrones" that she decided to watch the HBO series instead. She's in love with it now and she still won't read the books. XD Anyways, right now I'm reading "Bitterblue" (after two agonizing months of waiting) by Kristin Cashore, and I plan on re-reading "World War Z" by Max Brooks soon. :D I think I want to read a mystery book next, so I'm debating between "Rebecca" by Daphne Du Maurier and "House of Leaves" by Mark Z. Danielewski.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm reading 'The other side of dark" , i recommend it to people that enjoy mystery novels ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm currently reading Delirium by Lauren Oliver :)

    ReplyDelete