Heist Society - Ally Carter

"Either we're a team or we aren't. Either you trust me or you don't. "Hale took a step toward her. "What's it going to be, Kat?"~ Hale, Heist Society

Okay, so I read Heist Society quite a while ago (almost a year ago, I think) but I remember loooving it so I wanted to do a review. :) It is by Ally Carter, author of the Gallager Girls series (I'd tell you I love you but then I'd have to kill you; Only the good spy young). She is an amazing writer with captivating plotlines, so I was obviously very excited to read her new series Heist Society. On her website and in many libraries, it is classified as an "adult book" but I found it in the teen section at RPL so I tried it out. It was amazing, and in my opinion perfectly suitable for teen readers.
The book is a crime story about a teenage spy and thief (protagonist Katarina Bishop) who goes on a mission to rescue a stolen art collection. It is hilarious and interesting, going into the mind of a thief who is on the good side. A new take on the crime genre. I loved it, and I'm sure others will too.

The only problem with this book is that the end is a bit confusing. If you read the book, you will understand what I mean. Ally Carter likes to leave people hanging at the end of her stories, and Heist Society is no different. The ending is very mysterious and therefore, confusing. I wasn't entirely sure what was going on at the end of the story which kind of ruined the fabulous story for me. I found that's what happened with the Gallager Girls series as well.

So, yeah. That's pretty much it. I would be able to read the book again without getting bored. Go pick it up at the library and read it :) It will be a worthwhile read! P.S. I'm sorry for the odd picture placement - it wouldn't stay at the top.. technology -.-

4 comments:

  1. I am glad that this book has a complicated ending, leaves time for the reader to ponder about it! Heist Society seems to be a novel that I would appreciate reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah sometimes I like that, but I got frustrated with this book because there are some things I would prefer to be told, rather than make my own assumptions. I'm sure you would like it! ":)

      Delete
  2. Great review. :D
    Is there at least a second book out to continue from the cliffhanger, or was the resolution the confusing part?
    BTW, what genre is the book? Just curious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Yes, I think Ally Carter meant the second book to continue from the cliffhanger, but it didn't work out that way. I read the second book and I was still confused as hell. It's crime YA fiction.

    ReplyDelete