Matched - Ally Condie

Imagine living in a society where "officials" control your every move. What you eat, where you go, when you die, who you love; it's all decided for you. Well that's the kind of life 17-year-old Cassia Reyes lives, and she's happy with it. Until the day of her matching ceremony, until she finds out the truth. Cassia always knew that on the day of her matching ceremony (the day she turned 17) she would be matched with the boy who was most compatible with her. There was no question about it. Whether they knew each other or not, they would get married and have children and spend their life happily listening to the 100 permitted songs and watching the 100 permitted movies. Cassia is matched with her best friend Xander- but when she begins to watch the CD with all her match information on it, another face pops up. The dark, mysterious Ky. Two matches - unheard of. The officials work hard to console her, but Cassia is determined to find out what is going on. And along the way, she finds herself falling in love with Ky, her childhood friend. Matched was one of the best books I have ever read. I enjoyed every little bit of it, and cannot wait for the next book to come out. This triology brings a unique plot to readers, something they (or at least I) have never seen before. That was one of the reasons I enjoyed it so much. 10/10 read.

13 comments:

  1. You should check out this website: http://www.matched-book.com/
    It is the website for this trilogy. I strongly suggest that you should visit this website, considering the fact that you enjoyed the novel so much!
    The third book, Reached, is coming out in November! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL tine reader thank you so much! I read a few of your reviews as well, and they are fantastic! I'm just about to go comment on a few of my favorites :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much summerstar! I haven't visited that website yet, but I will be sure to as soon as I get the chance. I'm sure it will be very interesting and I will be able to learn a lot more about Matched. Oh, is Reached really coming out that soon? Has the second book come out yet? I haven't kept track of that series. I didn't know the second book had been released yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup the second book, Crossed, has come out already! :)

      Delete
    2. I know! The third book, Reached, is coming out so soon! Hopefully I will get a chance to read Reached as soon as possible! :)

      Delete
  4. haha that's good ! Thank you so much :$

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey you guys seem pretty nice. You've commented on a lot of my reviews ;) I know you've been on this site longer than I have.. Can you help me with something? Is there any way to get a notification when someone comments on one of your reviews? Or do you just have to check it all the time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not believe that there are any notifications, or at least not that I know of.
      I usually just go through the posts that I have commented on before.
      I hope that helped :)

      Delete
    2. Oh okay. Thanks so much! It's kind of annoying to check every single post to make sure no one commented, but it's worth it.

      Delete