Hush Hush - Becca Fitzpatrick


"All this time I've hated myself for it. I thought I'd given it up for nothing. But if I hadn't fallen, I wouldn't have met you."   - Patch, Hush Hush

I have rather conflicting opinions on Hush Hush. On one hand, I'm telling myself it is just another typical supernatural teenage love story (because it is). But on the other hand, I am remembering how amazing I thought the book was while reading it (because it was). So I'm not sure what to tell you, because I'm not sure which opinion outweighs the other. Let me explain myself a bit better...

Hush Hush is about a normal girl (Nora Grey) who falls for a dark, mysterious, hot (of course), guy (Patch) who seems to have many deep, dark secrets. And she finds out that he is really a fallen angel. A fallen angel who might just be the key to ending the long-lasting war between good and evil. A war that Nora never was a part of...until she starts dating Patch. So there's the plot. It's obvious, it's typical, it's just like all the other supernatural books that have become oh so popular after Twilight. That's what I keep telling myself.

But there was something special about Hush Hush. Something the other books didn't have. That's why it is one of the most popular teen books today. That is why teens all over the world are reading it and loving it. Maybe it's the language used (it's powerful), or maybe just the characters. I mean, who can resist lovable Nora or secretive Patch. I fell in love with them both from the start.

So I would recommend this book. It was fantabulous. But if your tired of those typical supernatural romancy type books, this one is not for you.

11 comments:

  1. Great quote introduction!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I got the idea from another reader named tine reader. You should go read some of his or her reviews. They are very nice, just like yours are.

      Delete
    2. Hahah you're welcome!

      Delete
    3. Thank you for the suggestion! :) I am certain that I will do so.

      Delete
  2. I agree with your point of view. Lately, fantasy and romance have been popular genres for teen novels. Thankfully, I am not disinterested in these themes yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I find that every book I pick up is either fantasy/supernatural or chicklit. That's great that you still like them! You can read Hush Hush, I'm sure you'll like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I hope to read Hush Hush soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. great! but after taking time to read it again, im not sure it deserves as good a review as i gave it. especially when compared to other angel PR books (Unearthly, Cynthia Hand)

      Delete
  5. haha I read your reply to summerstar :P thanks ashini :$ What book are you currently reading atm ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Problemm! Well, when you posted this comment I was probably reading Evermore by Alyson Noel or Unearthly by Cynthia Hand. But right NOW I am working on 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher and it is AMAZING! If you have any spare time, check that one out. Very touching and memorable.

      Delete