Jinx - Meg Cabot

Before I start talking about Jinx, just want to say that I love Meg Cabot! She is an amazing author, and has written many books for teens including the Princess Diaries series, the Mediater series, the Abandon series and much more! You can see what other books she's written as well as find out more about her here: http://www.megcabot.com/ 
Her genre is chicklit, but sometimes she goes into mystery/crime and drama as well.

Jinx is a teenage girl who seems to have unusually bad luck wherever she goes. Jinx moves to New York City to start fresh and run away from her bad fortune back in her home town, but things are never that easy. Her cousin Tory is getting into a lot of trouble in school and at home, and Jinx finds herself forced to confront the one thing she ran away from.

Jinx is a very good story! It was mysterious and interesting. I have already said I like the writing (I like all of Meg Cabots writing). I would rate it 4/5 just because it didn't have that "something special" that would make me remember it and want to read it again. But it's good for a light read and it's lots of fun- typical "happy ever after ending".

8 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your reviews ! Though you post such an abundant amount that is too much for me too read :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah..I have a lot of free time. LOL.

      Delete
    2. All reviews are like posted by : Ashini

      LOL

      Delete
    3. Haha yeah but that's not true anymore :) There are so many new people on this blog now- it's great! I come on twice daily, and each time I see at least 10 new posts.

      Delete
  2. I love Meg Cabot! Have you read her Princess Diary Series?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I've read every single one :) I wen't through the "I LOVE PRINCESS DIARIES" phase about two years ago, but I still enjoy re-reading them once in a while! What about you?

      Delete
  3. Hahah yup! I have read some of them too and I really enjoyed reading them! I was first introduced when I bought one of the novels for fun, not knowing they were in a series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about my "wen't"- I don't know why I put an apostrophe there... brain fart :/ I liked the first ones, but I found it got boring when there were like 15 or 20 books in the series. Cabot should have stopped at like 7, or at most 10.

      Delete