Favorite books =)

Heyy :) So I just wrote a bunch of book reviews, and I'm getting tired of them, so I decided to write something a bit different. I saw someone had done a list of "MUST READS" a while ago, and I thought I would make a list of my favorite books of the past couple years. Hopefully, it will help people choose new books to read for the rest of the summer or re-read favorites that they have already read. So here it is... 



1. Hex Hall series - Rachel Hawkins. This is a paranormal series about a girl with demonic powers who attends a school for "special people" (witches, faries, werewolves, vampires). She falls in love with a boy who turns out to be...not what she expected. And she finds out something shocking about her mother and out-of-touch father. Link: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5287473-hex-hall

2. Delirium series - Lauren Oliver. I have already written a review on this series, you can go check it out here: http://rplteensrc.blogspot.ca/2012/06/delirium-lauren-oliver.html It's about a world where love is considered a disease. And the protagonist falls in love. It's a book of her love story, sneaking around, and what happens when you get caught. Love the writing style in this book. Deserves much praise.

3. Uglies series - Scott Westerfeld. This series is a bit old now, but still amazing. If you haven't read it, you are missing out! This is about a world where things are divided into two sides: Ugly side, and Pretty side. Everyone is ugly until they turn sixteen, when they get an operation to perfect their features and change their brain so they no longer have any willpower. But protagonist Tally and her best friend Shay won't go along so easily. It is AMAZING! New, interesting, exciting with a powerful message. Link: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/24770.Uglies

4. Matched series - Ally Condie. I did a review on the first book. Go there for a summary (I'm getting lazy): http://rplteensrc.blogspot.ca/2012/06/matched-ally-condie.html It's really good though, so definetely check it out.

5. Mortal Instruments series - Cassandra Clare. Dive into a supernatural world of shadowhunters, underworlders, faries and more! Clary thought she was a normal girl. Then she finds out her mother is a shadowhunter (fights evil demons) and her world is turned upside down. She fights, laughs, cries, and falls in love. Check out Clary's story here: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/256683.City_of_Bones

6. Darkness Rising series - Kelly Armstrong. I did a review of this one too: http://rplteensrc.blogspot.ca/2012/06/calling-kelly-armstrong.html That's the second book in the series. The first is called "The Gathering". So, yeah, read my review for the summary. Link: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7896345-the-gathering

7. Divergent series - Veronica Roth. Christened "The New Hunger Games". Society is divided into 5 factions: the peaceful ones, the risk takers etc, etc. Interesting, unique. Link: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/8306857-divergent

There it is. I have a lot more, but I am getting tired (this took a LOOONG time) and my paragraphs are getting crappy. Hope this helped people decide what to read! Btw, there is a short summary at the link that I posted with each title. Have fun reading.




10 comments:

  1. The Matched series was alright, I read both the books, the first one was by far better then the second, I found it to be a bit too heavy on the romance considering their situation.
    I read Divergent, and have yet to read Insurgent, my friend said that like the Matched series, it falls short of its predecessor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Matched and was looking forward to reading the second one.. but if it's just going to be full of romance I don't want to waste me time. The plot will be ruined D: I have read Insurgent, and your friend is right- Divergent was so much better. You can read it and see for yourself, but I was dissapointed.

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for posting this! I now have so many books to read! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure read a lot ! All your novels are like series ;) haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL ikr? I noticed that when I was writing the post :)

      Delete
  4. Holy, the posts for this blog are coming in so fast now. When you miss a day, you miss like ten. XD
    ANYWAYS,
    Thanks for the suggestions Ashini. :)
    Your list will certainly give people more books to read this summer. :D
    It seems like you're interested in fantasy-romance series, so if you want more I recommend Unearthly by Cynthia Hand and the Iron Fey Series (Iron King = first book) by Julie Kagawa.

    @ Charlotte: That's depressing. I was considering reading Crossed, but if it's turning into a super lovey-dovey thing then maybe not. D:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeaaah! I've been checking regularly, but when I checked this morning there were like 7 or 8 new posts. Haha no problem! Yes your right. Your from Richmond right? What library do you normally go to? Thanks for the recommendations! I've heard about Unearthly from others as well- I'll give it a try. :)

      Delete
    2. Yeah, from Richmond. I usually get the books I read from Ironwood...you? :D
      Just promise me if you're going to read Unearthly, don't base your assumptions of the book off of the description, since the main character sounds kind of Mary-Sue ish. Don't worry, the characters are all pretty likeable when you actually read the book. :)

      Delete
    3. Oh okay, I normally go to Brighouse. I've only been to Ironwood once xD Haha okay I'll make sure to read the whole book before judging! I will post a review on here after.

      Delete