Clockwork Angel - Cassandra Clare

I very much enjoyed "Clockwork Angel". I had my doubts starting the story, thinking it would just be the same as the Mortal Instruments series, but I had no reason to worry. "Clockwork Angel" is new and fresh and just as wonderful and thrilling as the Mortal Instruments was. Tessa comes to London in search of her brother, only to find that he has been kidnapped by the evil Dark Sisters. She quickly learns about an entirely different world of shadowhunters, nephilim and downworlders, and finds out that she might not be entirely human. The story is set in the past which I was originaly not excited about because that can sometimes be quite boring, but in this particular book it just adds to the tone and mood of the book. It was a really good story, a nice light read.

8 comments:

  1. This sounds like a good book ! It's a paranormal novel right ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you consider this novel to be one of the best fantasy novels you have ever read?
    It strikes me as being pretty interesting so far! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tine reader: Yes, it was an amazing book! Yes, I would consider it a paranormal book, although it does have some romantic aspects as well (love triangle). There is also a second book which recently came out. It's called Clockwork Prince. I just read it and it blew me away. I love all of Cassandra Clare's books :) Have you read The Mortal Instruments?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Summerstar: Absolutely! It is one of my favorites. Your right, it is very interesting. If you have read any of Cassandra Clare's other books you can see her writing style; it really captivates an audience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahha okk Thanks! :)
    I will be sure to find some books by Cassandra Clare!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohh nopee, but I'd give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, read the next one in the series, have you read the mortal instruments? it's by the same author and the same sort of book, but like in the future, it's amazing, City of Lost Souls just came out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES I read the mortal instruments ;) I lovee it! Read City of Lost Souls too. HAve you read it? I love it. Best one so far :)

      Delete