The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan


        Percy lives in Manhattan, New York with his mother and is unaware why his mom married Gabe, who Percy Dislikes. Percy is diagnosed with dyslexia and ADHD and has been expelled from almost every school he has attended. During  a field trip to a museum, his teacher on call transforms into a Fury and attacks Percy, and Mr. Brunner gives Percy a ballpoint pen, which when you un-cap it, it turns into a sword. They race to Half Camp Blood, where any demi-god is safe. Percy is told that he is the son of Poseidon, and that he is accused of stealing Zeus’ bolt and they go on a quest to find the bolt and they find out the many truths of best friends and loved ones.


I LOVE THIS BOOK. Once I kept on reading, I couldn't stop. I remember this book was the book that got me into reading, before this book, I would never pick up a book. This book 11/10

5 comments:

  1. It is a great book isn't it!! My personal favorite was the 4th book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the 4th book! By the time I finished the last book, I was kinda sad, since I didn't know there was a squeal then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From your experience of picking up this first book, I think it perfectly proves the point that there is a book or a type of books for everybody. Have fun reading ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed the novel just as much as you! The book to me beats the movie by far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. It was really good. Have you watched the movie?

      Delete