ttyl (Internet Girls #1) by Lauren Myracle

"Now in a rack-sized paperback--a funny, smart novel that follows the friendship of three tenth-grade girls as they experience some of the pitfalls of adolescence. Young Adult."


When I first read this novel, I thought that I would probably enjoy it... A LOT. Except, I didn't like how it was in an IM format where you couldn't really experience any action in the story. Sure, this novel was about friendship; that's good, but there were inappropriate parts. I would say that the issues the teens face in this novel are quite realistic, but it doesn't teach you much because the characters tend to make bad, inprudent decisions most of the time. :/ After reading it, I felt like I didn't really gain anything from it. I mean I actually liked Lauren Myracle's unique idea of writing it in this format, though there are the faults and disadvantages of it. I wouldn't really recommend this book because the characters didn't go through much change and the whole time, you feel like the book could just go on forever without any dramatic moments. Boring, lifeless, insipid, uninteresting, monotonous, tedious, vapid, just not my type of book. Rating: 6/10 




4 comments:

  1. Love the adjectives ;) I agree with you on this one. The im and texting was soo annoying- especially with the countless abbreviations. It was just plotless and boring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Haha yeah totally did not grab my interest.. I kind of skimmed through the book because it wasn't very appealing. :/

      Delete
  2. I read this novel a few years ago and I really found the plot boring, but it was relatable, so it wasn't so bad. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I guess I'm more interested in the characters undergoing change, which they didn't. Issues were relatable, but most choices and paths they decide to take are, once again, not a very good model to what we should do.

      Delete