Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift

"I was extremely tired, and with that, and the heat of the weather, and about half a pint of brandy that I drank as I left the ship, I found myself much inclined to sleep. I lay down on the grass, which was very short and soft; where I slept sounder than ever I remember to have down in my life, and as I reckoned, above nine hours.....I attempted to rise, but was not able to stir: for, as I happened to lie on my back, I found my arms and legs were strongly fastened on each side to the ground"

This book was a great adventure tied up in a small package. Having an unique writing style, it is one of my favorite novels so far.  The writer has incorporated excitement and fantasy throughout the book. I rate it 9/10. This is the first book that I have read by this author and I intend to read many more after this experience. Anybody who enjoys fantasy and unique dialogues will enjoy this book.

For those, who arent fond of books, there's even a latest movie out with the same name. The movie stars Jack Black and follows much of the original story.

No comments:

Post a Comment