Need - Carrie Jones

Zara White suspects there's a freaky guy semi-stalking her. She's also obsessed with phobias. And it's true, she hasn't exactly been herself since her stepfather died. But exiling her to shivery Maine to live with her grandmother? That seems a bit extreme. The move is supposed to help her stay sane...but Zara's pretty sure her mom just can't deal with her right now. She couldn't be more wrong. Turns out the semi-stalker is not a figment of Zara's overactive imagination. In fact, he's still following her, leaving behind an eerie trail of gold dust. There's something not right - not human - in this sleepy Maine town, and all signs point to Zara. In this creepy, compelling breakout novel, Carrie Jones delivers romance, suspense, and a creature you never thought you'd have to fear.

This is a book about pixies. Frightening, dangerous pixies... I just found that it was hard to imagine PIXIES as horrible murderous creatures. I mean, when I think of pixies I think of Tinkerbell. That was the first thing I have to say about the novel. The plot wasn't too bad. I just thought of it as laughable that pixies were portrayed as the bad guys.

Zara (the protagonist) drove me insane. She was an idiot. There's no other way to say it. She willingly put herself in danger time and time again - despite constant reminders to sit the hell down- causing her loyal friends to rush after her (especially Nick who was like a prince charming coming in to save the pixie princess).

And the writing was crap. Quotes? "I feel all wiggly" and "I back up and open the silverware drawer, pulling out the biggest knife I can find, the one you cut big vegetables with. It has a large sharp silver blade and a black heavy handle."

The one thing I liked was the use of phobias. It was really interesting to read a new phobia at the beginning of every chapter. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment