The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie (Review)

I've always enjoyed reading mystery novels and this is one of the best that I have ever read. The murder case itself is normal, nothing spectacular about it. However, the twist in plot at the end is astonishing. Usually when   reading these novels I would try and guess who the murderer is and create my own deduction. But in this case, I was far from the actual solution. It was an immense surprise. Though this was an amazing read, it still does not surpass Agatha Christie's highly-praised novel, And Then There Were None. Nevertheless, I extremely enjoyed reading this and recommend everyone to read it as well. It's not a heavy read as some other books are, but has a hint of suspense and mystery, perfect for when you have some spare time over the summer!

1 comment:

  1. I remember reading 'And Then There Were None' awhile back. I liked the whole idea of guessing how people were going to die, and of course, who. My only problem was that it was kind of short. :)
    Kind of off topic, ANYWAYS...
    If I decide to pick up another Agatha Christie novel sometime soon, I'll consider this one. :D

    Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete