Iqbal by Francesco D'Adamo, Ann Leonori (Translator)



"When young Iqbal is sold into slavery at a carpet factory, his arrival changes everything for the other overworked and abused chidren there. It is Iqbal who explains to them that despite their master's promises, he plans on keeping them as his slaves indefinetely. But it is also Iqbal who inspires the other children to look to a future free from toil...and is brave enough to show them how to get there.
This moving fictionalized account of the real Iqbal Masih is told through the voice of Fatima, a young Pakistani girl whose life is changed by Iqbal's courage."

I absolutely LOVED reading this book. One of the best books I have EVER read in my life, I admire the fact that this story line is based on a real person! I love reality novels.. Heartwarming and inspiring novel, definitely made me try to change the world. Don't judge the book by it's cover, great and short story, certainly impressive. RATING: 10/10.  

4 comments:

  1. I read this book as part of a grade 6 class literature study...definitely one of the most heartwarming and inspiring books I've ever read :') BTW if you're interested (idk if you already know about this), Free the Children has been preserving Iqbal's legacy and ending child slavery..so check their website out if you want to support them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SAME ! That's how I found out about Iqbal..novel study in grade 6. Haha yes I've heard about that ;) thanks for telling me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too!! This was a great book that inspired my whole grade 6 class!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha I bet a lot of grade 6 classes read this!

    ReplyDelete