Insurgent by Veronica Roth

Insurgent By Veronica Roth is the second novel in the Divergent series.  The story is about a girl named Beatrice "Tris" Prior her divergence, and how it aids her in her struggle to at first become apart of the Dauntless faction, and later to fight against the Erudite who are doing their best to eradicate the Abnegation and those who are trying to reveal the secret to why the factions were made.

I would give this novel an 9/10, here's why.
Pros: It was action packed, there were fight scenes, and struggles where you sat on the edge of your seat, where you cursed at the Erudite for standing in your favorite characters way.  Where you felt for your characters.
Cons: I felt the author was trying to hard to wedge problems into the relationship between the protagonist and her lover.  There was often times mistrust that quickly turned into trust and it took away from the realness of the relationship.
Personally I enjoyed the first novel (Divergent) much more then I did this one.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh you've read it? I've been meaning to, but I didn't live Divergent all that much so I've been procrastinating. Is it worth it?

    ReplyDelete