Death by Bikini - Linda Gerber

This book came out a couple years ago and was a huge hit, but all the talk has kind of died down by now and everyone (including me) has pretty much forgotten the series. And I was looking through my list of read books from the past couple years (yes, I keep a list- I know I'm a nerd) and I saw this book! So let me try to remember what I thought of it... here's the review!

Aphra Behn Connolly has the type of life most teenage girls envy. She lives on a remote tropical island and spends most of her time eavesdropping on the rich and famous. The problem is that her family's resort allows few opportunities for her to make friends, much less to meet cute boys. So when a smoldering Seth Mulo arrives with his parents, she's immediately drawn to him. Sure, he's a little bit guarded, and sure his parents are rather cold, and okay he won't say a word about his past, but their chemistry is undeniable. Then a famous rock star's girlfriend turns up dead on the beach, strangled by her own bikini top, and alarm bells sound. Is it too great a coincidence that Seth's family turned up just one day before a murder? As the plot thickens, Aphra finds that danger lurks behind even the most unexpected of faces. . .

It's described as the fun, sexy, murder-mystery romance for all teen sleuths. I liked the book; it was very simple, but lots of fun.The writing is very light and interesting, it kept things going. I didn't lose interest at all throughout the book, and that's something Gerber should be congratulated for! It's really cute, but rather predictable.

So overall, it swings both ways. It's not an amazing book, but I did enjoy it as a quick read.

Oh and I have to compliment the cover. That bikini is hot and the title caught my eye. Love it :)

2 comments:

  1. LOL nice review! Especially the last part ;) I also read this book and I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Haha :P Yeahh it's a good book !

    ReplyDelete