The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan


Rickriordan.com Summary:


Since their mother’s death, Carter and Sadie have become near strangers. While Sadie has lived with her grandparents in London, her brother has traveled the world with their father, the brilliant Egyptologist, Dr. Julius Kane. One night, Dr. Kane brings the siblings together for a "research experiment" at the British Museum, where he hopes to set things right for his family. Instead, he unleashes the Egyptian god Set, who banishes him to oblivion and forces the children to flee for their lives. Soon, Sadie and Carter discover that the gods of Egypt are waking, and the worst of them--Set--has his sights on the Kanes. To stop him, the siblings embark on a dangerous journey across the globe--a quest that brings them ever closer to the truth about their family, and their links to a secret order that has existed since the time of the pharaohs.


Review:

I never thought I would like Egyptian  mythology, but this book just broke the rules. I have always enjoyed the book written by Rick Riordan. In fact, "Percy Jackson and the Olympians" series is my favorite series of all time. In this book, Rick Riordan found a way to combine humor, nonstop action and suspense in a tale of heroism and breath-taking adventure. 

I like the way he had chosen the point of view for this book, or points of view. He had taken both characters, Carter and Sadie Kane, and told his story through both of them, really allowing the reader to relate and understand the characters . I thought  that is really creative, and make this book stand out from other Rick Riordan's book I've read. When I first pick up this book, I didn't really like the way it starts.  But as I read on, the start didn't seem so bad. It linked with the ending, which I really liked, because it works as an introduction to the next book in the "Kane Chronicles".

I found the plot very interesting, with two siblings, separated at the age of six, for the good of humanity. I like the twists of the story, because I can't guess what will happen next. The whole plot circles around the two main characters, with their main goal to stop Set, the god of chaos. Rick Riordan had repeated the goal through many characters, made it obvious that Set must be killed. But it the end, the two Kanes freed Set, trusting him to not mess up again, as there is a bigger problem to be dealt with: Apophis is escaping. 


No comments:

Post a Comment