Fake Boyfriend by Kate Brian

Hey first sorry, guys I've been super busy during most of July, but I'm back and ready to start with the blog again even though I'm super late! Well anyways here's my review on Fake Boyfriend by Kate Brian :)

Summary: He's absolutely perfect. 

If only he were real. 

Lane and Vivi have had it with Isabelle Hunter's boyfriend, Shawn Littig (a.k.a. Sluttig). He is the only person who can turn their smart, confident best friend into a complete mess. When Shawn Sluttig cheats on and dumps Izzy just months before the prom she's been planning since the ninth grade, Lane and Vivi decide to take action. 

With a few quick keystrokes, they create a MySpace page for "Brandon," the perfect guy to get Izzy out of her revolving-door relationship with Shawn. Too bad he's totally fake. Vivi's younger brother, Marshall, who they hire to be the "man" behind the profile, is way too into being Izzy's fake boyfriend. So they turn to cute, prep-school Jonathan to be the face of Brandon. But when Vivi falls for Jonathan, and Sluttig tries to wedge his way back into Izzy's prom picture, the whole plan starts to go south faster than you can say "fake boyfriend."

Review: So I was actually really surprised with this book. The summary kind of gives you the "I already know whats going to happen idea" but trust me its not. I don't even know why I picked this book up, maybe because I'm used to Kate Brian always filling her book with surprises, and in this book there were a lot of surprises. Even though I knew it'd be full of surprises, I was still very much surprised with everything that happened. Its like watching a scary movie you know it'll be scary, but you still jump in your seat when the main character closes their bathroom mirror and someone appears behind them.  This book might have that "Cheesy High School" feel, but it sort of mixed it with sarcastic comedy, to make it less of a cheesy boring high school drama and more of a "Why am I laughing at everything their saying" drama. The main characters were also very likable, and for me that always makes the book a lot better. Relating to or generally just liking the main characters is always a huge deal breaker for me. You can try and read the book and figure out how it ends, but I guarantee you, you won't even have the slightest idea of how it will end until maybe later in the middle of the book. If you just want a laugh, or a quick, intriguing, and maybe relatable book to read, I definitely suggest this one. 

It feels great blogging again! Tell me what you think if you've already read this book, or read any of Kate Brians other books! Also how many times did I say 'Surprises' or 'Surprising' LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment