Paper Towns - John Green

Quentin Jacobsen has spent a lifetime loving the magnificently adventurous Margo Roth Spiegelman from afar. So when she cracks open a window and climbs back into his life - dressed like a ninja and summoning him for an ingenious campaign of revenge - he follows.

After their all-nighter ends and a new day breaks, Q arrives at school to discover that Margo, always an enigma, has now become a mystery. But Q soon learns that there are clues - and they're for him. Urged down a disconnected path, the closer Q gets, the less Q sees the girl he thought he knew


This book was an amazing book. And can I just say it was so refreshing, that for once, the popular girl wasn't all perfect and was weird. But anyways. The plot was great, I found myself trying to figure out Margo's clues myself, and I am terrible at mysteries or any problem solving in general. The book also had alot of metaphors about life in general, that are rather uplifting. Or really depressing. As well through out the book, the term "Paper Towns" was mentioned alot, and it drove me mad, because its only explained near the end, and through out the book, I had this little picture of a town made out of toilet paper roles. I really liked the character development for Margo, because she disappears so early in the book, yet you learn so much about her, just through the comments Lacey and Q make, her clues, and even that little bit with her and Q in the beginning.  The book has an amazing message at the end. I would definitely recommend this for anyone feeling down.



No comments:

Post a Comment