PARTY!!!

Now that I have your attention...
Ok so, as any of you who were here last year know, last year we had a party as a bit of a finale to the summer reading club. I am quite sure that all of you will want to do this again this year. One small issue this year is that last year I was the guy that stepped up to organize it, set a date, etc. and I will be first on vacation, and then moving to Prince George for university starting on the 22nd of August. This means if we are to have a party either one of you will have to do the organizing or that we will have to do it early this year. Since I would very much like to attend again I am voting for the latter. The date I am suggesting for it is Friday August 16th. If this party is to be anything like last year's (I am open to suggestions for changes) there will be: food (everyone bring something), a scavenger hunt, twister, prizes, and a movie (we can either finish last yr's (Hanna) or choose something new for all the rookies on here).
So. Whaddya say?


Sidenote: In a recent study of Canadian cities, Vancouver was ranked #1 in number of book purchases, and Richmond was #15. Is that great or what?

15 comments:

  1. I'm in :), I just have to make sure nothing comes up on the 15th and I don't mind having it early

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure but where? Are we allowed food in the library?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had one last year at the library in the kids place, so I think it will be fine since we brought food there

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once again awesome idea! Until I'm told otherwise by you, I will book the same space for the 16th of August (children's program room at the Brighouse branch) and the TV for you to use. I may not be able to attend, but I will once again provide you with some prizes. If there is anything else you might need let me know and I will see what I can do :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did the party turn out last year? I wasn't able too attend :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. What time would it be?and hope you have a good vacation!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it started at 6:30 or 7 last yr

      Delete
    2. Possibly earlier, as the library closes at 9

      Delete
  7. I wish I could go! Too bad I'm leaving for vacation on that exact same day :(
    Have fun! It was great last year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. gahh :'( I'm returning home from my vacay that very day... have fun without me peeps!
    And the party was fun last year! It's a great experience meeting the people behind the amazing reviews on this blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what time do u get back?

      Delete
    2. 6... Though I'm not sure I'll be up for a party right after a flight...

      Delete
  9. I will be able to attend! Sounds great :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. If work doesn't come up I'm there for sure!:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry guys, something came up and I can not attend!

    ReplyDelete