The Maze Runner by James Dashner

 Jamesdashner.com's  summary:
When Thomas wakes up in the lift, the only thing he can remember is his first name. His memory is blank. But he’s not alone. When the lift’s doors open, Thomas finds himself surrounded by kids who welcome him to the Glade—a large, open expanse surrounded by stone walls. Just like Thomas, the Gladers don’t know why or how they got to the Glade. All they know is that every morning the stone doors to the maze that surrounds them have opened. Every night they’ve closed tight. And every 30 days a new boy has been delivered in the lift. Thomas was expected. But the next day, a girl is sent up—the first girl to ever arrive in the Glade. And more surprising yet is the message she delivers. Thomas might be more important than he could ever guess. If only he could unlock the dark secrets buried within his mind.

I honestly love this book so much! It starts off a bit slow but that's only because it needs to build up the suspense and drama that is about to basically rocket launch into your face. This book was honestly so mouth watering in suspense and action that I had to stay up at 2 am holding up my ipod flashlight to read the pages because I couldn't help but not put it down! At one point when Thomas is in the maze and has to hide from a griever, a creature that dwells within the maze it was honestly so dramatic and it had me partially drenched in sweat which is pretty epic if you ask me. I definitely recommend this book to anyone who enjoys sci-fi future-y genres with mystery and action! Or I guess anyone who has read The Hunger Games! 

5/5 

1 comment:

  1. IMO it's good, but not 5-star good. I've read books that are far more intense, far faster paced, and (in the case of the Gone series) far more suspenseful. It doesn't quite distinguish itself from the dystopian crowd as much as it should. Regardless it's still good I guess - I give it 3.5/5 stars.

    WARNING: The series just goes downhill from here. Feel free to read The Scorch Trials (even though its full of logic errors/plot holes), but DO NOT I repeat DO NOT read The Death Cure (book 3).
    The Kill Order - the prequel - is pretty good though, but totally different in style compared to The Maze Runner.

    ReplyDelete