I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore









Goodreads Summery:

Nine of us came here. We look like you. We talk like you. We live among you. But we are not you. We can do things you dream of doing. We have powers you dream of having. We are stronger and faster than anything you have ever seen. We are the superheroes you worship in movies and comic books - but we are real.

Our plan was to grow, and train, and become strong, and become one, and fight them. But they found us 

and started hunting us first. Now all of us are running. Spending our lives in shadows, in places where no one would look, blending in. We have lived among you without you knowing.

But they know.

They caught Number One in Malaysia.

Number Two in England.

And Number Three in Kenya.

They killed them all.

I am Number Four.


I am next



My Review:


Just reading the summery sends shivers down my spine.It sounds VERY interesting.....well its not. I had very high expectations for this book, everyone I talked to said it was great. Plus it had been turned into a movie so someone must have thought the plot line was interesting right? However it was far from even reaching my expectations. Starting with the cover, except for the name of the nothing on it screamed,'Pick me up, I'm worth it.' The cover image was boring and the tittle not very mysterious. I do love the authors name though....wish my parents named me Picttacus. The book itself was written at a very slow pace. It took so long for something exciting to happen, and when it did, it was over way to soon! There was nothing mysterious in any characters behavior  or in any of the places they visited. There was way to much foreshadowing, half of the book basically had four,or his caretaker Henri, saying they had a,'bad feeling' but not taking precautions!That makes it too obvious that something will happen.....at the very end of the book in this one sadly. The plot wasn't very exciting.The basic outline of the plot was, an alien on the run and in hiding, falling in love with a human...just by that very brief description  much you can take a very good guess at whats it about because it wasn't to out of the ordinary,being marked as a book,that is suppose to be like. The book also frustrated me a lot because the main character, Four, seem to lack ALOT of common sense in many parts of the book and even then, the stupidity did not lead to much action, or anything exciting for that matter, even the ending was too boring and normal for a book on an alien! Maybe it was because my expectations were really high on this book or maybe the plot really is too ordinary, either way I can't give this book more then a 2.5 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment