Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief






The story begins with a boy named Percy Jackson, who is twelve years old with Dyslexia and also ADHD. He was a type of kid who gets kicked out of every school that he has ever been to. When he gets attacked by a fury aka. his pre-algebra teacher, he totally freaks out. His day could not get anymore worse. When Percy's pal, Grover Underwood notifies him and his mother to leave, they come across a violent storm and a Minotaur takes Percy's mom in a flash. Three days later, he wakes up and finds himself to be at Camp Half-Blood. After Percy was claimed by Poseidon, the oracle tells him the prophecy:
"You shall go west and face the god who has turned
you shall find what was stolen and see it safely returned
you shall be betrayed by the one who calls you a friend
and fail to save what matters most in the end"

When Percy was accused of stealing Zeus's lightning bolt, he knew he had to find proof that he was being framed. So, he goes looking for Hades along with Grover Underwood and Athena, daughter of Athena. Along the way, they encounter chimerical dangers to find Percy's mother and to bring back the lightning bolt and to bring peace to belligerent Mount Olympus.

At first when I was reading it, I thought it was kind of boring because there weren't a lot of action. Until I got to the part where Percy kills a Minotaur then BAM everything got intense. I found this book really captivating and there were many electrifying parts. I loveeeeeeed reading the prophecy, it was the best part about the book and you never know what will happen to Percy until he lives through it. Also, the way how Rick Riordan incorporated the Greek myths into the novel to make it his own really captured my attention. I would recommend this book to those of you who loveee action-packed novels, like I do haha :) I rate this book 5/5

2 comments:

  1. I love the Percy Jackson series!! I have read all of them and I am waiting for the newest one to come out. I hope you read the other books too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this series! I can't wait for The Sea of Monsters to come out in theaters this summer.

    ReplyDelete