THREE QUESTIONS By Leo Tolstoy

I do not know what is the cover for this short story because I read it online and am not sure if short stories do have a cover. The story was quite interesting and simple, not more than four pages long on my computer, and would not waste your time. I have a strange addiction to reading short stories lately and thought it would be quite neat to share it with all of you. The story first started off with the king asking everyone if they have an answer to his three questions, which are "How can I learn to do the right thing at the right time? Who are the people I most need, and to whom should I, therefore, pay more attention than to the rest? And, what affairs are the most important, and need my first attention?" because he believed that if those questions were answered, then he would not fail anything he attempts to undertake. Having said that, of course everyone is going to have different answers to his questions because everyone's perspective is different and so, he could not find a definite answer. The king is persistent and decides to find a hermit to ask these wise questions to, having no doubt that the hermit may not know the answers. I would recommend this story to anyone because it would not be a waste of your time since the story is so short and has a clever ending. It is always good to try something new! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment