Me, My Elf, and I by Heather Swain

Summary: It's not often you see an elf in the middle of Brooklyn, let alone a tall, blond, gorgeous elf in the middle of one of the most prestigious performing arts high schools in the country. And yet, that's just where Zephyr Addler finds herself: smack dab in the middle of a bustling New York City school, worlds away from the secluded woodland community she knows so well. But Zephyr knows that she has to figure out how to live in the world. And dress in the world. Thanks to a little friendly advice from her new friend Mercedes, Zephyr starts to get the hang of Brooklyn. That is, until Zephyr snags a role in a commercial, beating out the most popular girl in school, Bella Dartagnan. Now with Bella and her friends out to get her, can Zephyr out-maneuver the mean girls (and catch the eye of a certain cute boy) without losing herself?

Review: This was like the cutest book ever. If you've read my reviews you know I rely on the main character, because for some reason when I read a book I try and put myself in the main characters shoes. That way it kind of makes me feel like I'm a part of the book. Its weird I know, but its easier for me to do that if the main character is relatable or really likable. In this book it would actually be physically impossible to hate the main character. Like you can't I mean, she's an elf. You cant hate an elf. I love how the main characters innocence is what gets her into so much trouble. She's out in New York, and well it would be pretty scary going from a small town to New York, especially when the small town you're coming from is an all elf, tiny community, no pun intended. Zephyr and her family can actually pass off as humans looks-wise, but as for acting like humans they've got it all wrong. All Zeyphr wants to do is fit in with her new school, and throughout the book I was really rooting for her. Although it was so funny watching her struggle, her being completely naive and whatnot. Even though this book is about elves, which yeah isn't pretty common, it still mixes in the mean girls cliche, giving it that typical teen girl book feel. I mean I'd prefer it to be a little more original, but it was still a pretty decently thought out book. If your looking for a little fluff to lighten up your day read this :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment