The Future Of Us by Jay Asher & Carolyn Mackler


Summary:
It's 1996, and Josh and Emma have been neighbours their whole lives. They've been best friends almost as long - at least, up until last November, when Josh did something that changed everything. Things have been weird between them ever since, but when Josh's family gets a free AOL CD in the mail,his mom makes him bring it over so that Emma can install it on her new computer. When they sign on, they're automatically logged onto their Facebook pages. But Facebook hasn't been invented yet. And they're looking at themselves fifteen years in the future.

By refreshing their pages, they learn that making different decisions now will affect the outcome of their lives later. And as they grapple with the ups and downs of what their futures hold, they're forced to confront what they're doing right - and wrong - in the present.


Summary from good reads


Review: (SPOILER ALERT)
When I first came across this book, hoping to find more good reads, I had high expectations because most people who have read this book, have been telling me how it was really good. With the addition of Jay Asher, the author of Thirteen Reasons Why, I looked forward to reading it. I wondered how the two authors would intertwine social networking and romance together.This book was without a question a page-turner. The plot was very intriguing, it made me ask myself questions like; What would I do if I could change the future? Would I be able to take the responsibility for the things I change? I subconsciously put myself in Emma's perspective and it really put me in deep thought about the actions I would do, to "help" the future become "brighter".

I knew Emma and Josh were going to be together, right from the start.(Main characters usually end up together.)But, when Emma surprised Josh with a kiss, I literally stayed on the floor for 5 minutes. (typical fan girling) The ending satisfied me unlike some other books I've read. Although it doesn't have and epilogue, the plot would of done well with or without one. With one, we'd learn about their futures. Without one, It'd be more mysterious leaving you wanting more. There wasn't any major problems, although I'd like to know more about what would happen to Sydney. Her future husband is gone!

Overall, I would recommend it to anyone who digs the romantic comedy genre. Warning, this isn't about time travel. I thought so at first, and I was wrong.
MY RATE: 4/5! * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment