Prodigy by Marie Lu



Goodreads Summery:

June and Day arrive in Vegas just as the unthinkable happens: the Elector Primo dies, and his son Anden takes his place. With the Republic edging closer to chaos, the two join a group of Patriot rebels eager to help Day rescue his brother and offer passage to the Colonies. They have only one request—June and Day must assassinate the new Elector.

It’s their chance to change the nation, to give voice to a people silenced for too long.

But as June realizes this Elector is nothing like his father, she’s haunted by the choice ahead. What if Anden is a new beginning? What if revolution must be more than loss and vengeance, anger and blood—what if the Patriots are wrong?




My Review:

The reason I started on this series was because it was meant to be like The Hunger Games, and since I was a huge fan of that series I thought giving this a try would be a good idea. It was probably the best idea I've ever had!!!Prodigy is by far the best book I've ever read!Second in the legend series, it is a perfect mix of romance, suspense, and action.

I've never been a big fan of books with lots of romance. I mean girl meet boy, they fall in love, then fight some evil guy that's trying to keep them apart....BORING! But this book was nothing like that. They weren't fighting for love but for change instead. For the most part it was action and suspense, making it so much more interesting. The main plot line of this book was June and Day trying to chose right from wrong and give the people a voice instead of them being forced because of the fear they had towards the military. However unlike other authors, the main characters were so conflicted towards there goals to the very end, which made them do stupid, amusing, and interesting thing, that led to me to reading the book up to 4 am trying to figure out what there next move would be with no luck. I love how she wrote them in both the main characters point of view, so you see the same story in two completely different perspectives. The writing was so well written that you could easily go into the heads of both the main characters and picture yourself living the lives of June and Day.Marie Lu took so many twists and turns in the plot that I never knew what was coming next! And she still managed to write one of the saddest and very unexpected ending that had me crying.
Even though this book tied up many lose ends I am so glad that Ms. Lu is releasing a third book on the series.(Champion) I'm convinced that, any book by her is bound to be a page turning perfection! From a scale of 1-5 I'd give this book a 15.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment