The Book of AWESOME by Neil Pasricha


*About the Book:
From neighbors with pools to ordering off the menu at fast-food restaurants tofixing electronics by smacking themThe Book of Awesome takes on life’s sweet feats with all the honest humor and winning enthusiasm that has earned Pasricha’s blog its millions of followers. But while powered along by Pasricha’s distinctive, fresh, and hilarious voice, The Book of Awesome isn’t about one man’s favorite things, but rather a catalog of the universal little pleasures we all share. With its focus on the many things that bring us together rather than the few things that split us apart, it’s a book that will appeal to people from all walks of life — housewives and college kids, children and senior citizens alike. Arising out of Pasricha’s riffs on popping bubble wrap and getting a trucker to blow his horn is an unexpected, genuine sort of inspiration, as The Book of Awesome offers up a hearty cheer for all the little things we take for granted.

Review (ish):
Life's tough at the moment. I think it's because I'm at that point of my high school career where everyone starts showing how they really feel. So a pick-me-up was definitely needed, and I found it.. in the library. The book reminds us of the free things in life that make us happy and just feel AWESOME. I smiled and chuckled a lot while reading this and I think I might have creeped a couple people out on the bus once, but s'all good. Pasricha does a good job of including every age group into each happiness which is quite considerate. The idea isn't original though since I've seen quite a few books that stated things we should be happy about. But it's the simple language, smart wit and some sarcasm, and great use of imagery that made this book a 5/5 for me!

*about the book taken from his site.

No comments:

Post a Comment