The Vampire Diaries: The Fury and Dark Reunion by L.J. Smith

This book was an enormous disappointment. I am not sure if the incompetency of the novel was due to drastic changes in my own tastes or a serious downfall in the quality of L.J. Smith's writing. I am betting on the former, since the period of time between reading the first volume and the second volume of the series was extensive. Yet, I am hesitant to believe I ever thought the Vampire Diaries series was an exceptionally good series when now, I cannot even bring myself to finish reading the first chapter. Seeing as I usually have a pretty high tolerance and can finish reading the book regardless, the Fury and Dark Reunion must be a disaster if I cannot even read a chapter. If you ask me what is so horrific about the book, I cannot pinpoint the issue, but what I can say is, I am definitely not going to revisit this series and will most likely keep away from Smith's other novel as well.

I know many people love the series and may be offended by my review of the book. I would love to hear how you may feel differently about the books and if you present a sound enough case, I may even give it another go; who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment